Thursday, January 20, 2011

Potty training adventures.

Well, its officially happened. I have a potty training toddler! He has been showing signs of being ready for the past few months, but I really didn't think that this would be so EASY!

In November about 3 days before we were due to fly across country to California he decided that he wanted to try out the whole pee pee on the potty situation. We were both sick but he was ready to give it a shot. I didn't expect it to last to long since in a few days we would be flying across country to Northern California to stay visit my grandparents, and then a week later we would be driving for another 10 hours to get to my parents house in Southern California.  But, he kept on it for 2 weeks, then decided he was done.

I wasn't planning on trying again until 2-3 weeks after daddy deployed. Dman on the other hand had different ideas. 3 days after daddy left he looks at me and says "potty" and runs to the bathroom! We spent the rest of the day in and out of the bathroom as was learning what the urge to go potty felt like. The next day we went out and bought some big boy undies (Yo Gabba Gabba and Spongebob) a pack of pull ups and a bag of  M&M's. When we got home we talked about how big boys go pee pee on the potty and not in their big boy undies. The first few days we had 2-3 accidents a day (including some yucky number 2's) but, we were not going back to a diaper! It didn't take him long to realize that he didn't like the feeling of going to the bathroom in his undies, and soon he was telling me "mommy, pee pee"!

We have gone on several outings with success (aka no accidents). Even an hour long drive to the Aquarium!

It has been so amazing watching him go through this important stage in his life and do it with such ease. I know where not completely there yet ( an accident every few days, and pull ups for nap and bed time) but, for a 2 year old little boy I am finding this whole situation quite remarkable!

Did I mention how CUTE his little tush is in a pair of Yo Gabba Gabba undies?

Daddy is going to be so proud of his little man!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Dex!!! :)

    Kyst went about a month of when we were home saying "potty momma" ... and now he could care less :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of little Dex man!!!! WOOO!!

    ReplyDelete