Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hello February :)

Its so nice to see you today, you bring me one month closer to having my family whole again. :)

Rule of thumb for deployments, the first month is the worst. Well I have to say our first month wasn't horrible.

So yay for us.

D-Man asks about daddy from time to time. I tell him "Daddy is in Afghanistan." He just looks at me and says "Daddy 'stan?" We talk about daddy all the time, about how much he loves us, how much he misses us, and that he is getting the bad guys. I can not wait for him to get his new daddy doll! He had one, loved it, then lost it. And thanks to an amazing friend, he will be getting a new one in the mail here shortly. It will be so great for D-Man to be able to snuggle with his daddy again. And, since you cant have too much of a good thing, D-Mans Great Grandma will be making him a special "made by grandma" daddy doll soon  as well. Maybe I will borrow one for my self, hehe.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing great ! Love you girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Daddy stan" that is the cutest thing I've heard yet. Good to know your first month wasn't extremely horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower and fellow Marine Wife! I love "Daddy stan" that is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw your guest post on Meet a MilSpouse Monday-- and I know your parents from Twentynine Palms!! I worked as the XO for the Young Marines program when it first started. I remember them talking about you, and the name Dexter. What a small world, lol!!

    I am a new follower! www.keiraashley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It IS a small world. Following you over from Marah's blog and I know Holly, too!

    Oh, and PS - I can't leave a comment as I typically would. If you can make it so that ANYBODY can leave a comment, that would be great. I blog over at www.thepaleochild.com and use WordPress and not Blogger - you can ask Marah how to do it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I saw your post on Meet a MilSpouse Monday and wanted to stop by and say hi! My husband is an 03 as well, currently trying to re-enlist, so your blog definitely caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I saw you on Meet a MilSpouse Monday and wanted to say hi. I am also a J-ville infantry wife, and we are coming up to our 2nd married deployment in a few months here. Last deployment my daughter was 18 months old when Daddy left, similar to Dexter. She was barely talking when he left, but full sentences by the time he came home! She never acted too sad about Daddy being gone, but asked about him a lot. Once, several months into the deployment, she opened our closet and said "Daddy come out now!" As if he had been hiding in there the whole time! Anyway, it sounds like you're doing great, and I'll be happy to follow your journey through this deployment. I recently started a blog to compile military experience and resources for other spouses in the area. Check it out at: http://llightfoot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete