Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The past almost 2 months.

Since the first week of February our lives have been incredibly busy. It started out by finding out that Dman was going to need to have surgery to have tubes placed in his ears. I was hoping that this would be the answer to finally finding my poor baby some relief from constant ear infections, but nervous. The thought of my son being put under sedation really did a number to my nerves. I knew that it was routine, and simple, but most parents do these things with the support of their spouse and/or family. I didn't have that luxury, my husband didn't even know what was going on with Dman. However, I was very fortunate to have our battalions FRO and one of her assistants come to be with Dman and I.  After his surgery the doctor came out and told me that his right ear drum would have ruptured with in the next day or two had he not had the tubes placed that day. I was so upset knowing how much pain he must have been in, but was feeling so blessed that we were able to catch it in time.


I am taking two online classes this semester, and it has become quiet the challenge with out the help of my husband. Dman needs and deserves the majority of my attention, so by the time I get him in bed for the night and can actually work on my homework it is 10 or so at night. This is the main reason it has been almost 2 months since the last time I was on here. Most of the days, I just dont have time.

On March 6 Dman, Daisy, Midnight and I made our first ever long distance road trip to PA to visit a good friend of ours and her wonderful family. I am not gonna lie, there were a few times on our what should have been a 7 but turned into a 10 hour drive where I was questioning my my logic of making the drive up there. But in the end it was well worth the time and effort it took for us to get there and home.

So here we are, 11 weeks of a terrible deployment behind us. Here are a few pictures from Feb and March.


Dman and Daddy after surgery



We miss you Daddy

2 comments: